Leaving our favorite site at Boyd's in Key West is always a bummer! But, at least we're not leaving the Florida Keys! In fact, we are trying something new in the keys: MoochDocking! 😎
Tara and Cathy met way before we were RVers when we stayed for a month in Key West about five or six years ago. Since then, she and Sean also bought an RV and have a site with full hookups on their property and invited us to come stay at their place. Did I mention FULL Hookups?!? 😎 That's top shelf moochdocking! 😀
Bahia Honda State Park
We've heard lot of great things about Bahia Honda State Park but had never been there. Staying so close to it on Big Pine Key this time, we got to take several trips over to just walk around and explore! We had been told that our RV was too big for this park, so we wanted to see for ourselves.
They were wrong! There are plenty of sites in the park and many of them right on the water! One of them can even fit us sideways! It's an awesome park! There's lots of beach area and even a walk up to the old bridge over the channel that use to be part of the original overseas highway.
We were able to get out on our Oru Haven several times to explore the mangroves! Cathy and Sean knew all of the good places to put in and explore. One of the times out, we found a cut-through that was much longer than we expected and dropped us off into a completely isolated and closed in area inside the mangroves! We explored around, trying to find another way out to no avail and had to find our way back to where we entered. Thank goodness for iPhone GPS!
- Our previous Key West Videos – changinglanesrv.com/?s=key+west
- Other Moochdocking Videos – changinglanesrv.com/?s=moochdocking
- Our Mobile Internet! – youtu.be/yDCIx5JpEgs
- Boyd's Key West Campground – www.boydscampground.com/
- Bahia Honda State Park – www.floridastateparks.org/BahiaHonda
- ORU Kayak – changinglanesrv.com/oru (we have the Haven)
- Onyx A/M-24 Automatic/Manual Inflatable Life Jacket – amzn.to/3bLZuSA
- Outward Hound Dog Life Jackets – amzn.to/3lf6TwE
- Catchmaster Bug & Fly Clear Window Fly Traps – amzn.to/3tyg9zh
Some of the links/codes on this page are affiliate links, which means if you chose to make a purchase using our links, we will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you but helps us keep providing the content we love to share. We recommend these products because we have found them to be helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions we make.
Every product we recommend, we use ourselves.