We're leaving Ridgway, Colorado, and headed to Panguitch, Utah to see Bryce Canyon and Red Canyon areas!
Meetup With Friends!
On the way there, we discovered that our friends Tom and Cherie were headed in the exact opposite direction and also needed an overnight stop. So, we arranged a quick meetup!
Be sure to check out their channel “EnjoyTheJourney.Life”: www.youtube.com/channel/UCuhIeTBsCysER-73DnGEegQ
Mossy Cave Trail
Our first hike was to Mossy Cave, located at the north end of Bryce Canyon National Park. It's a super short hike at less than a mile round trip and well worth it!
We ventured into Bryce Canyon National Park a couple of times to explore and hike. The first trip was mostly driving down to the south end and Rainbow Point. This was our first time seeing the canyon and WOW! It was so much cooler than we had anticipated! The geology of Utah never ceases to amaze us!
Our second trip into Bryce Canyon was to see Wall Street (a collection of Hoodoos arranged in wall-like structures). We hadn't planned on taking the hike down into the canyon, but it looked too interesting to pass up. We are SO GLAD we decided to hike it! Every turn has something new and the views are stunning! We took the Navajo trail to the Two Bridges Trail. It was a lot of switchbacks going both up and down but well worth the effort!
If you only get to do one hike in the area, THIS IS IT! The best hike we've been on all year to this point!
Being so close to Bryce Canyon, Red Canyon (in the Dixie National Forrest) kind of gets second billing for the area, but it's an awesome park with amazing hikes. We hiked up the photo trail and were not disappointed!
Scenic Byway 12 on Lucile!
Of course, we had to get out on Lucile at least once while in the area. With Scenic Byway 12 literally right outside our door, it was a no-brainer to take this ride! While not super twisty, it's a great easy ride on a very good road with lots to see!
- MOAB 4×4 Adventures! | Arches National Park!: youtu.be/UYr-DeCXAt0
- The Grand Canyon | Williams, AZ | Helicopter Tour!: youtu.be/OGw9sznj-to
- Black Canyon Of The Gunnison and Ouray, CO: youtu.be/HH4peh1Ba_M
- Mossy Cave Trail: utah.com/hiking/bryce-canyon-national-park/mossy-cave-trail
- Bryce Canyon National Park: www.nps.gov/brca/index.htm
- Red Canyon: www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/dixie/recarea/?recid=24942
- Scenic Byway 12: capitolreef.org/scenic-byway-12/
- Daisy's Truck Bed (in and out of stock a lot): amzn.to/3sUfSHw
- Our Camera Gear: www.amazon.com/shop/changinglanes?listId=1BTTESINJ6NR1
- Midland 50 Channel Waterproof GMRS Two-Way Radio: amzn.to/3zrO5QV
- Our Dashcam: amzn.to/3jpqjzu
Some of the links/codes on this page are affiliate links, which means if you chose to make a purchase using our links, we will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you but helps us keep providing the content we love to share. We recommend these products because we have found them to be helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions we make.
Every product we recommend, we use ourselves.