About a year ago, Love's started putting some RV Parks at their travel stop truck stops. It's a fascinating idea to combine the amenities of an RV Park with the convenience of a Truck Stop, but what is it really like to stay at one?
Love's RV Stop-Cordele GA 801
Looking at the website for Love's RV Stops (hosted by camplife), there are about thirty locations across the U.S. with varying amenities. Some are simply back-in sites with full or partial hook-ups, and some are full-blown RV Parks.
Our overnight in Cordele, GA, was the latter, including a dog park, splash park, and pickleball court!
Full amenities include:
- ADA accessible sites
- Back-in and pull-through sites
- Communal fire pit
- Dog Park
- Laundry facilities
- Two covered pavilions
- Pet Wash (available for purchase)
- Pickleball court
- Private showers
- Splash pad
Of course, being adjacent to the truck stop, it also included:
- Bojangles restaurant
- Bulk propane (available for purchase)
- Propane tank exchange (available for purchase)
- RV dump service (available for purchase)
- Seven private showers (available for purchase)
Overall, our experience was very positive. The Truck Stop noise died down around midnight, and we both got a good night's sleep. The amenities are very nice and clean, and the whole park is very convenient.
However, we think the amenities are just a bit out of place and feel like a bit of an experiment. We don't think people will be attracted to this type of RV park for the amenities but for the convenience. While it is very convenient, the prices are about the same as a traditional RVPark, putting it in a strange position. It's overpriced for a convenient overnight stay, for sure. One can stay at a KOA nearby for the same price and not have the 24//7 hustle and bustle of a truck stop directly adjacent. A $25/night park without all of the extras would get more overnight campers and be a better overall value.
All of that said, we will likely try out more of these parks and maybe even this one again.
- Save Big on RV Diesel in the Truck Lanes! (TSD Open Roads): youtu.be/Xc2UwKjEJz4…
- Harvest Hosts! | Awesome Overnight Boondocking!: youtu.be/4vWTvMBlXlU…
- St. Augustine, FL (Staying in a Park Model!): youtu.be/NKgrHa_BPg4…
- Love's RV Stop-Cordele GA 801: www.camplife.com…
- All Love's RV Stops: www.camplife.com…
- TSD Open Roads RV Fuel Program: changinglanesrv/tsd…
Some of the links/codes on this page are affiliate links, meaning if you choose to purchase using our links, we will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you but helps us keep providing the content we love to share. We recommend these products because we have found them helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions we make.
Every product we recommend, we use ourselves.