With almost four years of full-time RV travel under our belt, we've identified some spare parts we like to keep on hand. Luckily, none of these things are too large or heavy!
Fuses are first and foremost. Don't let a 10 cent fuse ruin your trip! Keep an assortment of standard blade fuses on hand as well as any specialty fuses for your specific RV! Here's what we carry:
- 100pcs Standard Blade Fuse Assortment: amzn.to/3CTWU8m
- Short Stop Circuit Breaker 12V 50A (50 amp): amzn.to/3AVyGJb
- F-400 Class T 400 Amp Slow Blow Fuse (for our Inverter): amzn.to/3k8UaeY
It might seem obvious to have the standard assortment of AA, AAA, etc on hand, but what about the coin-style batteries for your TMPS sensors, propane sensors, etc? We also keep an extra battery for our Ring security devices.
- Our TPMS: changinglanesrv.com/tst-tpms
- Our Propane Monitor: amzn.to/2W8ZeYg
- Ring Rechargeable Battery Pack: amzn.to/2XHdmZF
After having our Suburban furnace break twice, we keep these common parts on hand:
- Suburban 232261 Sail Switch: amzn.to/3k8Evft
- Suburban SB232504 232504 Limit Switch: amzn.to/3CU5vIa
- Suburban 232286 Electrode: amzn.to/3k6PhTE
We prefer a little bit better filter than the one that came with our RV AC. The stock filters are there just for larger particles and do not help with allergens and smoke (from wildfires), so we use these MERV6 rated filters. Unfortunately, they are not reusable but they do a much better job than the stock and don't restrict airflow.
- RV Air RV AC Filter (MERV 6): amzn.to/3kbelsn
With the earthquakes these things encounter on every travel day, plumbing issues in an RV are simply a matter of time. Based on what we've seen break, these are our spare parts:
- Valterra 1/2″ Check Valve (water heater): amzn.to/3giMiGq
- Assortment of lead free brass fittings: amzn.to/3z7D47d
- PEX Cinch Clamp Crimping Tool: amzn.to/3D3DSwu
- 50 Pack 1/2 Inch PEX Cinch Clamps: amzn.to/37YowLk
- Water Pressure Regulator Valve: amzn.to/3mjTcz2
- Garden Hose Washers Rubber Washers Seals: amzn.to/3gkExA1
Sewer, black, and grey tank related items:
- Valterra Twist-On Waste Valve: amzn.to/2WegD1z
- Air Admittance Valve (1-1/2inch): amzn.to/3szLuSw
- 8-Pack of RV Sewer Hose Replacement Gaskets: amzn.to/3z9LpaO
If your breakaway switch is broken or missing a part, it's dangerous and completely illegal to tow. We keep a full setup on hand just in case. We also carry a spare lube plate as you never know when they are going to get too loose and start falling off the pin.
- Fastway Zip 6 Foot Breakaway Cable and Switch: amzn.to/3j6nrr2
- CURT 5th Wheel Hitch Lube Plate, 12-Inch Diameter: amzn.to/3B2gBJg
- WD40 Specialist Electrical Contact Cleaner: amzn.to/2WgakKV
- UF Direct Burial Electrical Splice Kit (4 wire kit): amzn.to/3y4znhy (8 gauge max – will not work for 6/3 Romex like I thought it would in the video – use the onese below)
- Gardner Bender Cable Splice Kit, 8-2 AWG (4 of these to bypass inverter or ATS): amzn.to/3z6TP2A
- Large Command Strips: amzn.to/3AZbmua
- Fifth Wheel Toy Hauler Hydraulic System Quick Tips: youtu.be/qcsbT_eW7eY
- RV Travel Day Problems! (RV Water Pump // RV Hydraulic Slides // RV Power): youtu.be/h_KDcm5pg4k
- RV Hydraulic System (Leveling Jacks / Slides) Breaker Upgrade: changinglanesrv.com/rv-hydraulic-system-breaker-replacement-upgrade/
Some of the links/codes on this page are affiliate links, which means if you chose to make a purchase using our links, we will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you but helps us keep providing the content we love to share. We recommend these products because we have found them to be helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions we make.
Every product we recommend, we use ourselves.